Call TODAY to Schedule A Tour (570) 451-3171
Connect With Us On Facebook
Services and Amenities
Residential care at Oakwood Terrace includes comprehensive services designed to make life comfortable for our residents and convenient and reassuring for the entire family. Many services are included in the monthly rent.
Private and companion apartments include:
• Utilities (except long distance telephone service)
• Daily personal laundry services
• Linens provided and laundered
• Daily housekeeping service
• Garbage and snow removal
• Professional landscaping and building/grounds maintenance
• Fire and smoke detection and suppression systems
• Emergency call system
All residents benefit from a full program of services:
• Three restaurant-style meals served each day
• Cable TV provided in each residence living room
• Free WiFi access throughout the community
• A full range of therapeutic and wellness programs
• Daily social, spiritual, and recreational activities
• Meal reminders and encouragement to participate in hobbies and activities
• Assistance from alert staff available 24 hours a day
• Security cameras in each house
• Optional wander guard bracelet
• Use of all common areas and gardens
Other services available on site include:
• Professional nursing staff (RN and LPN) for health assessments
• RN on call 24 hours per day
• Medication management with eMAR by ALMSA
• Diabetic care
• Lab work, EKGs, x-rays can be obtained on site
• Assistance with activities of daily living
• Dietary and medical management
• Beauty and barber salon
• Spiritual counseling
• Psychosocial support
• Scheduling of contract transportation for appointments
• Contract physical, occupational, and speech therapy
• Podiatry, optometry, audiology, and psychiatry services available on site
Delicious and nutritious meals enjoyed in the company of friends are a key element in being happy and healthy.
At Oakwood Terrace, good nutrition and hydration are vital to health, and delicious food is one of the great joys in life. Our dietary program addresses many needs that are specific to individuals with dementia, including distraction, loss of hunger, decreased food recognition, and individual biorhythms.
We can accommodate many special dietary needs, and healthy snacks and beverages are available throughout the day.
Our full-time Activities Director is trained in Montessori-Based Dementia Programming© by the Myers Research Institute.
Implementing these principles in our daily activities yields great benefits for our residents, who are encouraged to maintain the strengths of natural learning by applying skills they have used all their lives. Simple activities that use skills learned in former roles—sweeping, baking, building, typing—stimulate muscle memory, improve concentration, and promote a sense of self worth. Our activities not only serve as recreation, but they promote learning, self-confidence, and development of skills for daily living.
Safety and Security
Our security brings peace of mind.
All residents and their families enjoy the safety, security and peace of mind that are a hallmark of care at Oakwood Terrace. Our grounds are gated and secure. Bedrooms are equipped with an emergency call system and all exit doors are alarmed. Each residence has surveillance cameras and is directly linked to fire and emergency response. One of our residences, the Pine House, has additional controlled access for the safety of higher-risk residents.
We strive to help our residents preserve their own patterns of activity throughout the day and night while encouraging their participation in activities that are engaging, enjoyable and enriching.
Our gardens are also secure and are open to residents for walking, relaxation and scheduled activities. Residents may enjoy these areas individually or with the assistance of staff members.
Families and friends are welcome to join residents and explore the rose garden, walk through the grape arbor, lounge on the sunny patios, or gather in the gazebo.