Call TODAY to Schedule A Tour (570) 451-3171
Connect With Us On Facebook
Awareness. Acceptance. Assistance.
A Place for Caring
Oakwood Terrace provides a warm, inviting and familiar environment for residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia. We are a non-profit, free standing personal care home, providing expert care since 1996. The community’s capacity is 58 occupants and offers state-of-the-art care and treatment and a gracious alternative to a nursing home. Here you will find patience, acceptance and, above all, dignity and respect. Our experienced staff is here to give your loved one the constant assurance and attention they need and deserve.
All the Comforts of Home
While providing the best in customized care for residents, we also provide support and education for families, helping them increase their own awareness, acceptance and abilities to assist in caregiving. Our staff promotes a familiar daily routine including these programs and activities:
• Individual and group activities, including gardening, cooking, movies and reminiscing;
• Dementia-specific activities using the principles of Montessori-Based Dementia Programming© through the Myers Research Institute;
• Creative activities that include music, crafts, sports, puzzles and word games;
• Indoor and outdoor therapeutic activities;
• Exercise programs that include stretching, walking and balance activities;
• Programs that encourage intergenerational relationships and community involvement
• Spiritual opportunities for people of all religions
Endorsements & Certifications